• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassment & possible threat issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Slider10

What is the name of your state? NY

I have a guestbook at theknot.com for my upcoming wedding. Someone (I suspect a certain family member) has vandalized it with harassing comments and also one where they put the name as "Osama bin Ladin" and said they "mailed a package to my house" and to "ignore the ticking from inside". I take this to be a threat.

I have pulled the comments and contacted theknot but they will not release any IP records without a subpoena. I am considering legal action but I'm not sure if the cops would even help me here. Can anyone advise as to how I should proceed?

Thank you!

You Are Guilty

What is the name of your state? NY

I have a guestbook at theknot.com for my upcoming wedding. Someone (I suspect a certain family member) has vandalized it with harassing comments and also one where they put the name as "Osama bin Ladin" and said they "mailed a package to my house" and to "ignore the ticking from inside". I take this to be a threat.

I have pulled the comments and contacted theknot but they will not release any IP records without a subpoena. I am considering legal action but I'm not sure if the cops would even help me here. Can anyone advise as to how I should proceed?

Thank you!
Planning the wedding isn't enough stress? :confused:

The cops will decidedly not help you. Nor will a lawyer without a hefty retainer. (And I bet you know why, too.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">