• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I want to sue Facebook

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Malbim

Yesterday I was sending Facebook message, on my Facebook account and suddenly Facebook blocked my Facebook account and claimed I had to upload a picture of my ID, I feel this is violating my privacy rights, do I have a lawsuit case against Facebook

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Yesterday I was sending Facebook message, on my Facebook account and suddenly Facebook blocked my Facebook account and claimed I had to upload a picture of my ID, I feel this is violating my privacy rights, do I have a lawsuit case against Facebook
Sorry, this forum is for US law.

On the chance that you actually ARE from the US, then no, you have no case at all. Their playground, their rules.

quincy

You didn't mention the name of your state. What is it?

There is a very similar thread started in this section of the forum on this very same issue. I suggest you read it. But I can tell from what you have posted that you do not have a supportable lawsuit against Facebook.

quincy

I live in Skokie,IL
Thank you for providing your state name, Malbim.

Here is a link to the thread just posted recently on this forum over suing Facebook over its verification policy: https://forum.freeadvice.com/computers-software-internet-law-10/can-i-sue-facebook-625318.html

Facebook is working with the ACLU and other organizations to rework their "real name" identification policy and their "report account" feature which has, according to the ACLU and others, unfairly targeted individuals with unusual names (like Native Americans and the LGBTQ community).

Although a class action lawsuit was at one time considered, this is no longer an issue as Facebook recognizes the problems their report system has caused and is trying to remedy it through the implementation of a new system. The new system requires any individual reporting an account to provide a detailed reason why it is being reported. There will be no more "immediate' suspensions of accounts - and Facebook will no longer on their own change account names to make them "more real looking." Anyone whose account has been reported will have time to respond to the report (and time to justify their use of a name other than their own) before their accounts are deactivated.

I see no lawsuit that can be supported, based on the little you have posted. Facebook makes their own rules (and are allowed to do this legally) and people either abide by these rules or they do not use Facebook.

You can read the Terms and Conditions of this site.

Last edited:

quincy

Sorry to revive this thread, but I have to ask: Have you ever been in a barbershop quartet?
You know, single317dad, if you weren't known on this forum (and liked very much, by the way :)), this post of yours would probably be flagged as spam-bait.

Can I ask what prompted your question?

FlyingRon

I was ready to joint the local barbershop group, but the SPEBSQA brochure said membership was open to congenial gentlemen of good character. I figured ruled let me out three ways.

quincy

I was ready to joint the local barbershop group, but the SPEBSQA brochure said membership was open to congenial gentlemen of good character. I figured ruled let me out three ways.
Hahaha. Yup. Three strikes against you, Ron. :)

single317dad

You know, single317dad, if you weren't known on this forum (and liked very much, by the way :)), this post of yours would probably be flagged as spam-bait.

Can I ask what prompted your question?
I was hoping someone else had seen The Usual Suspects :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">