• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Internet Harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tequilarose1961

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I am a channel operator in on IRC (internet relay chat) chat room. One of our former reglar chatter's has been banned from entering the chat room. I have sense learned that this person is threatening to charge me with Internet Harassment. I have done nothing to this person other than kick them out of the channel. This person has in the past sent me unwanted, unasked for messages through an online messenger. What I'm wanting to know is, just because I banned this person from entering a particular chat room and have sent other channel operators memos stating that this person is banned, does this person have anything that can be used to charge me with internet harassment?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">