• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

internet harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

leejohn914

new york ,i hae aseller on ebay that keeps emailing me with name calling ,have asked him to stop but he won,t what are my legal rights?

FlyingRon

I'd report him to ebay. If he's mailing you through ebay, there should even be a direct link on the message.

If he's mailing you direct, you have the option of trying to pursue harassment charges in either NY or whatever state he is in. I'm not familiar with the NYS laws, but some states have rather explicit electronic communication harassment laws (originally targeted at crank telephone calls, but have been expanded to fax and email).

steel9

Dont read the emails. Treat it as spam. Its not that easy to file charges against someone for email harassment unless he or she does it over a LONG period of time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">