• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legality of an iPhone App - NJ, USA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hanleyhansen

I want to build an iPhone app that will stream Karaoke files to the iPhone. I host a Karaoke night at my restaurant and many of my users would like to have my files on their mobile devices so I am now developing an app. The files will be hosted on my server and they will be streamed to the user. Will I run into any legal issues doing so? Is there anything I should know on the legal side?

FlyingRon

You betcha there would be a problem.
You do not have the rights to copy the lyrics either to your server or to broadcast/stream them.
Further, I can almost guarantee that Apple's app store will have issues with this as well. They do NOT want to jeopardize iTune's reputation with the mainstream publishing industry.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">