• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

offensive website

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hill25

My question:
I recently was a webmaster for a site that contained message boards. The site was designed by a person I know. It was made to let kids from a particular high school say what they want about whatever they wanted.
The site's message boards got ugly pretty quickly, with people talking lots of trash to each other. Eventually, my friend decided to give me control of the site, since he didn't have enough time to work on it anymore. I used to go to that school, but now I moved to a different state.
Today, my friend was taken aside at school with an administrator and a police officer and told that several law inforcement agencies had been investigating the site. They asked who else was involved, and he told them I was. What crimes, if any, can we be prosecuted for?

ALawyer

Instead of teling you the crimes, and their is a long list of possibilities, if you expect to be interviewed by the police, and possibly charged, GET A LAWYER NOW.

A lawyer can often nip the matter in the bud, when it is usually cheaper and easier. The faster you get the thing dropped, either as a careless mistake, etc., the better. And for gosh sakes, don't let the crap continue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">