• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is placing a bet with virtual money illegal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

siberian73

What is the name of your state?
CO

Hi,
Would it be illegal to place a bet with virtual money?
You cant get this virtual money with real money or exchange it with real money.
You can only get it through a bet that you win or with some actions like opening a user account in the website etc.
No real money involved in any circumstances.
It seems to me like an online mmorpg. The only thing you get is points (virtual money)
But I may be missing somethings.
Any help would be appreeciated.
Regards.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If the money is in no way (however convoluted) able to be converted to "real" money, then there should be no problem. (General answer based on your broad question)

siberian73

Thanks

Thank you for your reply.
There may be a monthly fee just to use some extra features of the website but it has nothing to do with that virtual money. In no (convoluted) way you can make the virtual money real money.
Regards

fairisfair

Thank you for your reply.
There may be a monthly fee just to use some extra features of the website but it has nothing to do with that virtual money. In no (convoluted) way you can make the virtual money real money.
Regards
Yeah, just what I want.

Some invisible money
To buy invisible stuff
for my invisible life
and my invisible family.

sign me up:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: with INVISIBLE ink.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">