• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Price Comparison and Price Fixing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

johnn

What is the name of your state? CA

Hi,

I'm thinking about creating a price comparison website not sure if it's legal. What I do is I use the products information the merchants provide me (I'm their affiliate member) and displaying these products and prices when people searching for a particular product. A site such as bizrate or mysimon has been on the web for some time - do they have legal problems? What they are doing are perfectly legal, aren't they? not fixing anything?

Thanks,
John

HomeGuru

johnn said:
What is the name of your state? CA

Hi,

I'm thinking about creating a price comparison website not sure if it's legal. What I do is I use the products information the merchants provide me (I'm their affiliate member) and displaying these products and prices when people searching for a particular product. A site such as bizrate or mysimon has been on the web for some time - do they have legal problems? What they are doing are perfectly legal, aren't they? not fixing anything?

Thanks,
John
**A: price comparison is ok. What happened to your services website you were planning back in Oct of last year?

J

johnn

Re: Re: Price Comparison and Price Fixing

HomeGuru said:
**A: price comparison is ok. What happened to your services website you were planning back in Oct of last year?
Thanks HomeGuru. Easy answer, isn't it?

About my plan to create web directory for professionals for my county in 2002 - Wow! since Oct 2002... I don't do it. I think it's more appropriate job for an association to create a site like that and verify data. However, now I plan to create a large business directory or an Internet Yellow Page for my orange county in Southern california.

Thanks,
Best regards,
John

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">