• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

software licensing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

akumas23

hi i don't know if this is a right thread...here is the scenario my client bought 4 pcs. of computer without any software installed so he ask me to do it.. i asked him to purchase a license software but he said just install a pirated software.. my question is can i make a letter or an agreement that im not liable if their company raid by anti piracy officer.. thank you

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
hi i don't know if this is a right thread...here is the scenario my client bought 4 pcs. of computer without any software installed so he ask me to do it.. i asked him to purchase a license software but he said just install a pirated software.. my question is can i make a letter or an agreement that im not liable if their company raid by anti piracy officer.. thank you
What US state?

No IT professional should install pirated software on a PC for a client. If the client wants to do so, the client can do so him/her/itself. :cool:

quincy

You cannot contract away an illegality. You would share in any liability for knowingly having pirated software installed on your computer.

Your state name or country name is requested on this site.

Last edited:

FlyingRon

Making the copy is illegal. As pointed out, the fact you did it on behalf of someone else doesn't absolve you of liability.

LucasChalmers

Once a deed is illegal in a country, there is no contract that can negotiate you away to any illegality. In the US, piracy is illegal. I suggest that if your client is not willing to purchase licensed software, then don't install a software. That is the best thing to do to avoid any legal trouble.

quincy

Once a deed is illegal in a country, there is no contract that can negotiate you away to any illegality. In the US, piracy is illegal. I suggest that if your client is not willing to purchase licensed software, then don't install a software. That is the best thing to do to avoid any legal trouble.
I'm curious, Lucas. Are you located in a country other than the US?

Are you trying to practice your English writing skills on this forum by "sort of" copying what has already been said by others?

If this is the case, you might want to practice on a different site. Your posts are often jumbled in a way that could make them confusing to the original poster.

Thanks.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I'm curious, Lucas. Are you located in a country other than the US?

Are you trying to practice your English writing skills on this forum by "sort of" copying what has already been said by others?

If this is the case, you might want to practice on a different site. Your posts are often jumbled in a way that could make them confusing to the original poster.

Thanks.
Or alert the Spam and Troll Removal service. :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">