• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

someone using other peoples names/emails for profit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pixie55

Oklahoma
I am disabled an unable to work outside the home. I have been trying to find a decent internet job. Yes - I know 99% of the jobs listed are rip offs, but I am trying to find that 1% that is real. I went into one site, which required my email etc to get into like many others, found out that it was nothing but a scam so I left. I recently recieved emails from 2 diff. people telling me (and about 75+ other people) to take them off their email list from that site. I emailed them to ask if that site was using my email addy for their profit and recieved a response that - yes, that is what is happening. This is not just happening to me, but many others.My question is, can all of us, that are being used, file a class action suit against that company for using our emails without our consent and recieve any monies that the company has gained in using our names?

F

FSUSACH

USE OF EMAIL ADDRESS

I also have an e-mail question. I have a protest website and have recieved some "hatemail". I then decided to post the e-mails, and included the people's names and e-mail adresses. Is this Illegal? I have since taken down the names and e-mail adresses because I was unsure.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">