• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terms of Service Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bonked

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

So I have drafted a Terms of Use agreement which is displayed prior to users entering my website which outlines the terms of use and parameters for usage of my website. Inside these terms, there is a section which prohibits certain people from entering my website.

If these people choose to enter my website, and disregard my terms of use, what can I do? If they gather information to try to use in a legal case against me (which is why I do not want them on my website), is that information that they gathered from my website, even though they violated the contract, admissible in court?

Thanks for your time.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Those "No FBI/Police" statements mean nada. Stop trying to play softwarez/mp3z/moviez/crackz/hackz pirate. :cool:

bonked

No, it doesnt say no FBI or police. It prohibits a competitor from viewing my website. We dont host hacks or warez.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">