• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unauthorized credit card use

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

clodale

I live in California. Just learned that someone in another state used my credit card four times for Internet purchases. Credit card co. will cancel charges. One vendor has provided name and address of the perp. Which agency, in which jurisdiction, do I contact to request that they prosecute this thief? Or is this the sort of crime no one cares about?

djohnson

Someone has stolen your identity and fraudulently used your cards. You need to press charges. Go to your local police. Do you know where the person is that done it. I think ultimately it will go to their police to investigate since that is where the crime took place but I would go ahead to my local authorities to get in on record and they can point you in the right direction from there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">