• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

VeRO eBay WoW acccount suspended.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fingertips

*PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT EMAIL REGARDING YOUR LISTING(S)**

We would like to let you know that we removed your listing:

8232912931 World of Warcraft WoW Priest Epic Account Stormreaver

because a member of our Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) Program notified us, under penalty of perjury, that your item infringes their copyright, trademark, or other rights.

For more information on the VeRO Program, and a list of VeRO Members? About Me pages, please visit:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/vero-aboutme.html

We have credited any associated fees to your account. We have also notified the bidders that the listing(s) was removed, and that they are not obligated to complete the transaction.

If you relist this or any other similar items on eBay, your account could be suspended.

If you believe your listing was ended in error, or have questions regarding the removal of this listing, please contact the VeRO Member directly at:

Entertainment Software Association
[email protected]

eBay is available to answer questions, but since it is the VeRO Member that requested the removal of your listings, we encourage you to contact them first.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Respectfully,

Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)
eBay

I live in Vermont.

This is the message i received after posting a WoW account on ebay. I was unaware this was illegal and removed it, 5 days later i got htis and thye suspended my account.

Here is the ToS for this game:
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/legal/termsofuse.html

tigger22472

Fingertips said:
unsealed and I was selling the unsealed game and the account.
You mean the Key that comes with it or an actual Blizzard account? If it was the latter that could likely have been why you received that.

Did you contact them about the issue?

I bought a Star Wars Episode 3 from there. The seller stated it would not be shipped until Nov. 1 which was the release date. I received a letter just like that only for a buyer. They stated that the VeRo terms... etc and recommended that I did not pay. Obviously the seller straightened things out as he continued to sell them. That would have been your first move with them.

BelizeBreeze

E-Bay is a private business.

You have no RIGHT to force e-bay to do business with you.

As a private business, e-bay may allow you or not allow you to use their system for your purpose.

You have no case.

BB's comment is really the end point, but just wanted to add something to make sure you understand that you were in the wrong.

From the TOU that you agreed to:

"Note that Blizzard Entertainment either owns, or has exclusively licensed, all of the content which appears in World of Warcraft. Therefore, no one has the right to "sell" Blizzard Entertainment's content, except Blizzard Entertainment! So Blizzard Entertainment does not recognize any property claims outside of World of Warcraft or the purported sale, gift or trade in the "real world" of anything related to World of Warcraft. Accordingly, you may not sell items for "real" money or exchange items outside of World of Warcraft. "

By trying to sell a character you are selling content that is owned by Blizzard. Consider yourself lucky that Blizzard did not delete your account on top of the EBay auction being snuffed. If you want to sell virtual items from a PC game I suggest you move to EQ2 since Sony allows it via their own auction site.

MrMMO

Blizzard and WoW VUGlegal

Firstly... wow.. what a great site!!!

OK here goes.
The same thing has recently happened to me, although I am not selling anything from within the game! I don't even own the game and have never played it. What I do sell is a privately written ebook/guide about how to obtain gold ingame. The guide and the ebay listing does not contain any images, text, data or otherwise owned by Blizzard. I have spoken several times with VUGlegal and they continue to insist that if my guide was removed then I must have been breaking copyright or trademark laws. They told me to see a lawyer.

Is it illegal to write and publish a guide or report on a game? The only thing I can think might be the problem is me using the actual games name?? World of Warcraft... am I not allowed to do this?

I have over 2000 positive feedback with ebay at 99.3%, I care about customer care whereas ebay seems to care very little about their customers care. Because of VUGlegals repeated VeROing of my listings I have lost my ebay powersellers status and can only dread to think how close I may be to a permanent ban.

Please help I cant afford a lawyer from the few pounds I make from ebay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">