• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Youtube - Machinima Contract Dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

McNiven1990

I signed a contract with Machinima nearly 3 years ago with my contract now being due to end on the 16 October 2016. During that whole time I have been disappointed with the lack of support that I have received and I am now looking to leave this network when my contract expires.

I have contacted Machinima to tell them that I do not wish to renew my contract which they replied to and told me that I had to inform them within 60 days of my contract ending so I will now be forced into a one year extension. I was led to believe that you had to inform them no later than 30 days before the end date which is why I contacted them now plus an employee for them had told me that this was the case around 2 years ago. My contract does say "With respect to each Extension Term, the notice period for non-renewal is 60 days." I knew that this was present on the contract when I digitally signed it but I had always interpreted it as being in regards to renewal whilst in an extension term which I am not currently in.

I would very much appreciate any advice that anyone can give me, I want to be able to continue my YouTube channel but if Machinima is going to force me into a one year extension then I may be forced to close the channel and start again.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I signed a contract with Machinima nearly 3 years ago with my contract now being due to end on the 16 October 2016. During that whole time I have been disappointed with the lack of support that I have received and I am now looking to leave this network when my contract expires.

I have contacted Machinima to tell them that I do not wish to renew my contract which they replied to and told me that I had to inform them within 60 days of my contract ending so I will now be forced into a one year extension. I was led to believe that you had to inform them no later than 30 days before the end date which is why I contacted them now plus an employee for them had told me that this was the case around 2 years ago. My contract does say "With respect to each Extension Term, the notice period for non-renewal is 60 days." I knew that this was present on the contract when I digitally signed it but I had always interpreted it as being in regards to renewal whilst in an extension term which I am not currently in.

I would very much appreciate any advice that anyone can give me, I want to be able to continue my YouTube channel but if Machinima is going to force me into a one year extension then I may be forced to close the channel and start again.
Based ONLY on what you've posted, not only is it clear, but you acknowledge knowing about it.

quincy

What is the name of your state, McNiven1990, or, if not in the US, what is the name of your country?

quincy

That is a good link to keep on hand, FlyingRon. The forum is having an awful lot of foreign visitors recently. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">