• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 Unit Condo, Troubled Neighbor:(

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

coco503

2 Units Condo, Trouble Neighbor :( Please help me~~

What is the name of your state? MA
We recently bought half of a condex (2 family house converted condo). there are total two units in our complex. We really enjoy this place. Our new next door neighbor is new moving in too.
A month ago, our next door neighbor the husband told us that they wants to install some poles in the common area for drying clothes. And we refused him and told him he can’t do this in common area, by common law each unit owner has the percentage of the undivided interest. And also they need our permit to do so. But they just simply said they don't understand this law and never heard of this law. Three weeks ago, they installed three poles in the common area where is very close to my back yard and back windows. I can see those poles from my home from my yard and he can’t see those poles from his home at all. Yesterday they started hanging out their cloth, sheets. And today they are hanging out bras and underwear now!!! VERY VERY DISGUSTING!!!
I’m very upset:(. Seems they are very stubborn and never want to listen. They just ignore us and do whatever they want. I don’t know what I should do or what I can do. IS THERE A WAY TO ENFORCE THE LAW?? Please give me some legal advice. Thanks a lot! 

Last edited:

HomeGuru

coco503 said:
What is the name of your state? MA
We recently bought half of a condex (2 family house converted condo). there are total two units in our complex. We really enjoy this place. Our new next door neighbor is new moving in too.
A month ago, our next door neighbor the husband told us that they wants to install some poles in the common area for drying clothes. And we refused him and told him he can’t do this in common area, by common law each unit owner has the percentage of the undivided interest. And also they need our permit to do so. But they just simply said they don't understand this law and never heard of this law. Three weeks ago, they installed three poles in the common area where is very close to my back yard and back windows. I can see those poles from my home from my yard and he can’t see those poles from his home at all. Yesterday they started hanging out their cloth, sheets. And today they are hanging out bras and underwear now!!! VERY VERY DISGUSTING!!!
I’m very upset:(. Seems they are very stubborn and never want to listen. They just ignore us and do whatever they want. I don’t know what I should do or what I can do. IS THERE A WAY TO ENFORCE THE LAW?? Please give me some legal advice. Thanks a lot! ?
**A: the law is your CC&R's. Read it and enforce it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">