• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Access to Financial Documents by Board Member

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sunnyday02

I am a new Board Member in NY Co-op. When I want to read a monthly financial report my reading is supervised by 2 (two) employees of a management company. And addition to that a manager is giving me appointments for reading that financial reports, only one hour per week because he said that his employees are very busy.
When I asked a Board President about the law based on which that decision was made he did not provide it to me, he only said that a attorney said that.

I think that this behavior is illegal. What I can do in this situation? Is there any law that the situation described here? Is there any law that protect Board Member unlimited access to documents?
Please, help me. I suspect that something is very wrong in my co-op.

Concerned Board Member

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">