• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Any Laws Governing HOA Board Members?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

asylum23

What is the name of your state? NV
I am on my HOA Board and wondered if there are any kind of laws that regulate Board members? I know you can vote them off as an option. But on our Board, we have a President who just does whatever he wants. We will get together and officially vote on topics, if he does not personally like the outcome of the votes, he will do the opposite of what we voted to do.

For example, we have voted to replace our property Manager b/c he is doing a very poor job. Well the President is friends w/ this guy, volunteered to have the Management Co. owner fire him, then instead of firing him said he was on a 30 day warning period. Any of the Board members that try to contact this guy, the President, he ignores us. Is there anything we can do besides vote him off? Thanks!

pojo2

asylum23 said:
Is there anything we can do besides vote him off? Thanks!
Dumb question but what else DO you need to do but vote him off? Are there some spineless members who are afraid of said Prez?

scottish2

Sounds like the situation we have at our units. Have you checked your by-laws? I know in ours we can have a board remove board members same as stated or we can also call a special meeting and the owners can vote to have one or more of the board removed but requires a majority which can be hard but if the board vote won't work this might be only other option. Check your by-laws as it might be in there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">