• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Aquiring property by Adverse Posession/Co-op Ownership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ek1997

Hey guys, I have no background in law but I heard something interesting today and I thought it was worth asking.

So there is a one acre beach lot down the street from my house and it was left in a deed to about 10 of my neighbours who used to pay taxes on it, I know this because the house my dad grew up in was one of the properties that payed taxes on it. But recently everyone stopped paying taxes on it. There is a pump station on it by the road and I heard that it goes to the town if nobody pays taxes on it. Anyway my question is, could i aqquire the property and maintain it if i took over the taxes? Any imput is appreciated, thanks.

(I am in Canada.)

FarmerJ

If adverse possession can be done in your province then Id suggest searches including your provinces name EG : Ontario adverse possession , This site is based on Legal concerns in the USA so it is not very likely you will find information that is for other nations. ( You may have to search multiple sources such as public libraries or if your city or county offices maintain a law library)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">