• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assessment - Payment amount and time due

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

grifin

What is the name of your state? Florida
Last year our community was hit by Hurricane Wilma from which we sustained considerable damage. Our board has moved forward to repair. In moving forward, they have violated several of our condo rules & regulations as well as State of Florida which is a separate issue but which include not making financials or other documents available to residents. At last night's meeting they supplied homeowners in attendance with a.

My question is as follows. At last night's meeting (5/11/06) they voted in an assessment of $3,400. They want $1,700 paid by 6/5/06, $850.00 by 7/4/06, and $850.00 by 8/4/06.

A neighbor whos son was/is a property manager seems to think they can not break down the payments in this manner. Can you tell me if this is true? Also, what about the amount of time they're giving us to pay? Like I said, the vote was last night, nothing has been mailed.

Any help or insight you can give on this matter would be greatly appreciated!!

grifin

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">