• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Board of Directors lied. Can I sue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

firefighter196

What is the name of your state? Florida

Last year's condo meeting the majority of the residents approved a motion I presented to install a awning in my parking space so I can have a covered parking. 1 of the requirements is that I would contract a licensed company to do the job.

This year's meeting someone during the meeting said that I tried to hire a handyman to do the job. I was not there to defend myself and was never asked if that was true. And that is NOT TRUE.

The president presented a motion to take away my right to put a cover based on the facts above, which again are TOTALLY false. Based on this info they got enough votes to cancel my right.

Can I sue the condominium for lying to the residents and taking away my privilege? They got engough votes based on false information. I wanted to sell my apartment and if I have the covered parking I could sell for an extra $10k.

Thank you!!

Shel77

The board listened to someones false information and then revoted, Maybe I am missing something but how is it that the actual BOD lied was it not another resident who lied, sue him:rolleyes:

JETX

Shel77 said:
The board listened to someones false information and then revoted, Maybe I am missing something but how is it that the actual BOD lied was it not another resident who lied, sue him:rolleyes:
Of course, then you will have to PROVE that he knowingly and maliciously lied.

JETX

firefighter196 said:
Can I sue the condominium for lying to the residents and taking away my privilege?
Of course you can sue them. After all, anyone can sue almost anyone else over almost anything. Also, of course, since you have NO case against them.... your suit will likely be dismissed.

PghREA

Why did you not follow through with the covered parking last year when you had the okay?

Why were you not at the meeting this year?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">