• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Board made an illegal motion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sunnyday02

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

Can a board make a motion to ban board members access to monthly financial reports?

I am a board member in NY cooperative and at last board meeting was made a motion by majority that nobody except a treasurer have access to monthly financial reports. Is that legal?
I believe that motion is illegal. Since that for (3 weeks) I as a board member do not have access to financial document. All that is very suspicious.
I request from a president to consult this motion with cooperative attorney. The answer is not ready yet. It takes too long.

I suspect that the board action is against me, because nobody on the board is interested in financial documents and addition to that the cooperative will get 20 mln loan.
The board members do not want to especially me to see financial report because they are saying that they are afraid of personal information that are inside a book.
Earlier a manager was giving me only one hour per week to view financial documents under the supervision of two office employee. I asked him in writing about the document that a board member need to be supervised. He never answered because all that supervision was illegal, yet he did that to me. There was no resolution made by the board about the supervision of board members.
I feel discriminated by the management and the board. I have never been sentenced however they treat me as a criminal.

And a vice president who was so worry about shareholders personal information disclosed my personal account information in the cooperative via email to all board members. Can I take legal action against a manager and vice president for disclosing personal information. Is a breach of confidentiality a crime?

What should I do? Where to write and how to find a lawyer that will help me?

Very concerned board memberWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">