• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

board question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sandiev

Illinois

Can a person on the Board, a director or officer of the condo association, be sued personally if he/she is covered under the master building insurance policy which carries coverage for Directors and Officers?

HomeGuru

sandiev said:
Illinois

Can a person on the Board, a director or officer of the condo association, be sued personally if he/she is covered under the master building insurance policy which carries coverage for Directors and Officers?

**A: yes, of course. Is this coverage BOD E & O insurance?

sandiev

Illinois

What I meant is, if one of the board members is sued, doesn't the master policy D & O coverage mean that the insurance company handles the litigation?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
sandiev said:
Illinois

What I meant is, if one of the board members is sued, doesn't the master policy D & O coverage mean that the insurance company handles the litigation?
Why are you being sued?

You Are Guilty

sandiev said:
Illinois

You mean if they're sued personally? Generally yes, with the most notable exception probably being for malicious acts (or for any other exclusions listed on the policy).

So if you deliberately murder a board member who opposes you, you won't be covered. :D

sandiev

You Are Guilty said:
You mean if they're sued personally? Generally yes, with the most notable exception probably being for malicious acts (or for any other exclusions listed on the policy).

So if you deliberately murder a board member who opposes you, you won't be covered. :D

No I'm not being sued, but one of our board members does absolutely nothing and I wonder if our funds are intact if you know what I mean.

HomeGuru

sandiev said:
No I'm not being sued, but one of our board members does absolutely nothing and I wonder if our funds are intact if you know what I mean.

**A: if that's your salient issue, then get an audit of the HOA books and accounts. Sheesh, talk about beating around the bush.

HomeGuru

You Are Guilty said:
Well, if they have a BOD E&O, doesn't that make it D&O? EIEIO.

**A: yes, and a moo moo here and a moo moo there, a quack quack here and a quack quack there**************here a quack, there a quack everywhere a quack quack, old MacDonald had a website, eeie eeie o**************...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">