• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

breaking condo rules question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

legalese

Connecticut My Tenants have been parking in the street and of course the condo association have complained (it's a firelane and they have a driveway) This has been happening for a while on and off. . Now they have charged me ( the condo owner $25) My question can i get confirmation just in case it is not my tenant? They say it is them but how do i know? I will charge the tenant the money but don't i need proof even though they have been doing this in the past? Don't i have the right ot ask for a photo or who is complaining?

The second question If my tenants keep breaking rules can i evict them based on that?

legalese

Mass_Shyster

Connecticut My Tenants have been parking in the street and of course the condo association have complained (it's a firelane and they have a driveway) This has been happening for a while on and off. . Now they have charged me ( the condo owner $25) My question can i get confirmation just in case it is not my tenant? They say it is them but how do i know? I will charge the tenant the money but don't i need proof even though they have been doing this in the past? Don't i have the right ot ask for a photo or who is complaining?

The second question If my tenants keep breaking rules can i evict them based on that?

legalese
If your lease states that the tenants must obey the condo association rules, and are liable for any fines, then you simply make them pay, and evict if they refuse.

If you omitted that language in the lease, you get to pay it yourself, and hopefully remember to insert it in the next lease.

legalese

What about the first part of the question. If someone at the condo association says my tenants are parking in the street and they say they aren't. ( other people break those rules as well) Don't i have Legal rights asking for confirmation before i pay that my tenants are the ones breaking the rules and not someone else?

By the way we do have it in the lease I am not worried about getting payed back

legalese

Last edited:

HomeGuru

legalese
**A: if the street does not belong to the HOA, then the HOA has no jurisdiction in the matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">