• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Buying a co-op

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hmar10

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I am currently looking into buying a co-op in the south suburbs of Chicago. I was wondering what sort of things I should be looking into before I officially "buy" it contractwise and things like that. I want to make sure that I am not buying into a shady deal. What type of questions should I ask as to who pays for what maintenance? I've seen a lot of problems posted about roofs so I will ask about that but what else should I be concerned with? So you know I am only 23 years old so this will be my first experience in buying property. I don't want to be taken advantage of because of my age and inexperience with buying a home. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

You Are Guilty

hmar10 said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois

I am currently looking into buying a co-op in the south suburbs of Chicago. I was wondering what sort of things I should be looking into before I officially "buy" it contractwise and things like that. I want to make sure that I am not buying into a shady deal. What type of questions should I ask as to who pays for what maintenance? I've seen a lot of problems posted about roofs so I will ask about that but what else should I be concerned with? So you know I am only 23 years old so this will be my first experience in buying property. I don't want to be taken advantage of because of my age and inexperience with buying a home. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
You're going to need a lawyer to complete the deal anyway, and that's who you should be asking.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">