• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can condo association force me to carry my large service animal through the building?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

collinjb123

FLORIDA, Miami-Dade county.

My condo association does not recognize the legitimacy of my dog being a registered service animal for emotional support and is arguing my need for the dog and his need to be removed from building for being greater than 25lbs as outlined in our rules and regs. Rules and regs also state that all pets must be carried from the moment they leave their unit til they reach the outside door. Is my dog being an ESA and much larger than the 25lb limit an exception to this rule?? I walk him in his service vest and am being harassed by management and board to pick him up or face fines. So i may have to get a shopping cart to haul my dog around the building, and even then association does not like that idea. Ridiculous! what do i do???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">