• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can the HO's Assoc. do this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

borroelkat

I bought a unit in a Planned Unit Development in Ohio two and a half yrs ago. There were no by-laws by the Association at that time. Now they are saying the unit has to be owner occupied. No renting or leasing. Can they legally inforce this? When I bought the place there were no laws or regulations. If I had known that I could never rent the place, I would have never bought it!

HomeGuru

borroelkat said:
I bought a unit in a Planned Unit Development in Ohio two and a half yrs ago. There were no by-laws by the Association at that time. Now they are saying the unit has to be owner occupied. No renting or leasing. Can they legally inforce this? When I bought the place there were no laws or regulations. If I had known that I could never rent the place, I would have never bought it!

**A: I highly doubt that when you bought, there were no CC&R's on title.

Last edited:

JWL

I doubt too that there were no condo docs. You simply may not have gotten a copy at closing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">