• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can't get books

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Henpecked

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Georgia

Past President and wife are not homeowners but entire association believed they had purchased property from mother. This is not true! They will not turn over books, documents of payment etc. for the last 3 years they were president and bookkeeper. They have begun calling residents with names of those past due in the association fees, fines, etc.with amounts past due since she left as bookkeeper. They want to be President again and are using what ever means to destory this small complex! HELP!!!

What can we do???

seniorjudge

Henpecked said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Georgia

Past President and wife are not homeowners but entire association believed they had purchased property from mother. This is not true! They will not turn over books, documents of payment etc. for the last 3 years they were president and bookkeeper. They have begun calling residents with names of those past due in the association fees, fines, etc.with amounts past due since she left as bookkeeper. They want to be President again and are using what ever means to destory this small complex! HELP!!!

What can we do???
Stop talking in riddles and tell us what the problem is.

Facts?

Details?

Henpecked

Problem:

Problem is we need an audit done on the books, but can't get the books, because they won't or refuse to turn them over to new president and BOARD. They (past president and wife) have continually intimadated residents and homeowners verbally. We (homeowners) believe they have absconded with monies from the association and have not paid any association dues for 3 years. Are they breaching any laws by showing homowners accounts of payment histories to others?

Last edited:

seniorjudge

Henpecked said:
Problem:

Problem is we need an audit done on the books, but ca't get the books, because they won't or refuse to turn them over to new president and BOARD. They (past president and wife) have continually intimadated residents and homeowners verbally. We (homeowners) believe they have absconded with monies from the association and have not paid any association dues for 3 years. We need the books to prove any wrong doing.. Bank statements only assist so far, we don't have invoices, charges etc.
File a lawsuit against them; ask for an accounting.

Hadenough

I would just get an attorney, have the same problem, have tried to ask nicely SEVERAL times for financial records, contracts, loan papers. I'm backed by other board members that know this along with the condo's attorney. I have myself have no desire to take control of anything, in fact, being an officer, I wanted to know how things run and how things are taken care of which is the responsible thing to do if your going to be on a board. Now, since I've been given the run around and basically talked to like I would be clueless, just made me more determined to get them. If they are honest people and nothing was done under the table, then they should have no problem turning them over.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">