• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ceiling leaks in a jersey condo

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bubbaner

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? NJ

I have water damage and cracks in my ceiling due to water damage from the unit above. The owners above claim the leaks are coming from the roofing on their deck and the building management should fix it. Building management is claiming its not the roofing, but their windows being old and not sealed properly, the wood around the windows and door to the deck is rotting. When it rains, the water is seeping throw the rotted wood and dripping down on my unit. Owners will not fix the windows since they claim it is the roofing. Building management will not do anything, because they claim it is their windows. Building management says they sent letters to the owners but never get responses back.

My ceiling is damaged, I get leaks, and nothing is being done. Any advice as to what should be done? This has been on going for the last year and a half.

HomeGuru

bubbaner said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? NJ

I have water damage and cracks in my ceiling due to water damage from the unit above. The owners above claim the leaks are coming from the roofing on their deck and the building management should fix it. Building management is claiming its not the roofing, but their windows being old and not sealed properly, the wood around the windows and door to the deck is rotting. When it rains, the water is seeping throw the rotted wood and dripping down on my unit. Owners will not fix the windows since they claim it is the roofing. Building management will not do anything, because they claim it is their windows. Building management says they sent letters to the owners but never get responses back.

My ceiling is damaged, I get leaks, and nothing is being done. Any advice as to what should be done? This has been on going for the last year and a half.
**A: hire an attorney and sue both the HOA and the unit owner. You waited long enough. That's enough crap.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">