• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

charges for rented communiy room cleanup

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

swings16

new york state-
last month my daughter rented our (mitchell lama) co-op community room-
a deposit was paid in case of damage or extra cleanup fees-
the party was on a friday,the following monday the deposit was refunded and all was well-
until-
last week,A MONTH LATER, we got a letter from management telling us that the board of directors was told by maintenance staff that the room was a mess-
they are tring to charge $100 (the amount of the deposit) for these "extra" cleanup fees-
6 of my friends and family worked into the wee hours leaving the room spotless after the party-
i have also spoke with the maintenance staff and was told off the record that there was no extra cleanup needed-we were being charged because it was a rowdy party-it may have been,but what does it have to do with these bogus charges-
i was told(by maintenance staff) off the record that this was there way of punishing us for having a loud party-
what is my recourse-
why was the $ refunded ?
i think they had a change of heart and came up with a **** and bull cleanup story-
they also have the maintenance staff scared of their own shadow-
they are constantly harrased and made miserable by the board-
meanwhile the place is kept clean and neat-
management and the board are never happy no matter how well things are going at our co-op-
i will not pay this $100-
it is a shakedown-
please help-
thanks-
****** kahl-
queens,n.y.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">