• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Complaint on noise

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MsPilot

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? IL

We just recently moved in an end-unit condo townhouse. And everything went well with our living when all of a sudden we got a letter from the HOA that our neighbor(s) complained about noises heard from children playing in our unit. And is threatening us that we will be fined fees if we fail to "correct the problem immediately".

There are only 3 of us living in our unit, me, my husband and our 4-yr-old boy. We try our best to teach our child what is right and what is wrong. But you cannot totally control a child's behavior especially at that age, since the child is still in a learning phase. The child cannot always follow ones directions. Plus, I don't think my child is that noisy, most of his time spent home would be watching TV, since he doesn't have other children to play with.

If the HOA charge us fees, is it legal for us to pursue legal actions against the association?

HomeGuru

MsPilot said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? IL

We just recently moved in an end-unit condo townhouse. And everything went well with our living when all of a sudden we got a letter from the HOA that our neighbor(s) complained about noises heard from children playing in our unit. And is threatening us that we will be fined fees if we fail to "correct the problem immediately".

There are only 3 of us living in our unit, me, my husband and our 4-yr-old boy. We try our best to teach our child what is right and what is wrong. But you cannot totally control a child's behavior especially at that age, since the child is still in a learning phase. The child cannot always follow ones directions. Plus, I don't think my child is that noisy, most of his time spent home would be watching TV, since he doesn't have other children to play with.

If the HOA charge us fees, is it legal for us to pursue legal actions against the association?
**A: you can certainly file litigation but remember, neighbors would be called as witnesses and a tape recording of the noises at numerous dates and times may be admittted into evidence. Do you really want to go there knowing that you are at fault?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">