• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Condex Issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

csantimor

MA - Condex Issue

I purchased a unit within a Condex a few years back. According to the condo documents I own 70% of the entire unit. When it comes time to pay joint bills (i.e. utility, snow removal, etc.) I pay 70% of the expenses. The owners of the other 30% have decided to sell. I am concerned as the ultimate purchase price and/or new neighbors will have an effect (good or bad) on the value of my unit. As a majority owner, do I have any leverage that I could use to make certain the sale of their unit benefits the value of mine?

Said differently, is there anything I can do to dicate how this sale unfolds?

HomeGuru

csantimor said:
MA - Condex Issue

I purchased a unit within a Condex a few years back. According to the condo documents I own 70% of the entire unit. When it comes time to pay joint bills (i.e. utility, snow removal, etc.) I pay 70% of the expenses. The owners of the other 30% have decided to sell. I am concerned as the ultimate purchase price and/or new neighbors will have an effect (good or bad) on the value of my unit. As a majority owner, do I have any leverage that I could use to make certain the sale of their unit benefits the value of mine?

Said differently, is there anything I can do to dicate how this sale unfolds?
**A: explain the condex ownership deal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">