• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Condex Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kandm1709

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA
Do I have any legal recourse against the owner of the other unit in my Condex who is not paying his property taxes or water/sewer/trash collection taxes? I only ask because it has impacted me on 2 seperate occassions-once when my contractor went to pull a permit for my address-he didn't specify a unit number (there is an A and B)-just gave the address -and wasn't allowed to pull the permit because the address was flagged in the system due to non payment of taxes. Needless to say it was embarassing for me when the contractor called to say no permit you don't pay your bills! I then in turn had to go up to city hall and clear up the issue. Am having the same problem now-our city is switching to city distributed trash barrels only for trash pick up and I did not get a barrell delivered due to other owners non payment of the taxes. Am now going to have to go to City Hall and strighten out. I am sick of being inconvenienced due to their neglgience!

ThanksWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

JETX

Do I have any legal recourse against the owner of the other unit in my Condex who is not paying his property taxes or water/sewer/trash collection taxes?
Simple answer... no.

Make sure that any permit pulls, etc. include your FULL address.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">