• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Condo assoc. foreclosure threat

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CLewis1215

What is the name of your state? AZ

Here are the facts:
We have been going through hard times and have run behind on association fees for our condo. The attorney for the association sent us a letter giving us until 12/26/05 (today) to pay the account in full or else they will “begin procedures to judicially foreclose on the association’s lien”. I sent a partial payment on Friday, which they will not receive until tomorrow because there is no mail today. I do not have the rest of the money, but I will have most of it tomorrow and the remainder on Wednesday. I am not concerned that any action will be taken against us today because the courts, the HOA’s management company, and the HOA’s attorney’s office are all closed today for the Christmas holiday.

Now, here are my questions:
Does anyone know specifically what is involved, for instance what steps would be taken, with “beginning procedures”? Is it likely that anything will actually happen tomorrow morning when the attorney’s office and the courts open? Before any further action can be taken, do we have to be served papers or sent further notifications? Does the letter we’ve been sent by the attorney actually serve as some kind of legal notice, or is it just a letter telling us what they intend to do if we don’t pay up?

Basically, the bottom line is that they’ll have their money in full about two days after they wanted it. That is the best I can do. I am just trying to figure out what to expect, and whether I am in a whole lot of trouble right now.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">