• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Condo Association has caused damage to property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

goober69

What is the name of your state? NH

Here is my question- I purchased a mobile home and approximately ½ an acre in a park where there is an Condo Assoc. in NH. I have lived there for 5 years and approximately 1.5 years ago, they had to redo the septic systems, as the association is responsible for the upkeep. Since this time my neighbors and my yards are continuously flooded and a portion of our yards are unusable. My neighbor had her son brint in 3 large dumptrucks full of dirt resulting in her having a yard of mud. We had 10 yards of screened loom and hoped that we would be able to level some of the lower spots. I had a border of shrubs planted, half of them have since died and now here is January, and while I have snow and ice in my yard, the areas that typically are flooded still have water. What are your thoughts of the association being liable for the damages incurred to my property? I have a copy of the appraisal on my property from when I bought it and it indicates the drainage appears good, we have many pictures of the property prior to the changes... Do we have a case?

HomeGuru

goober69 said:
What is the name of your state? NH

Here is my question- I purchased a mobile home and approximately ½ an acre in a park where there is an Condo Assoc. in NH. I have lived there for 5 years and approximately 1.5 years ago, they had to redo the septic systems, as the association is responsible for the upkeep. Since this time my neighbors and my yards are continuously flooded and a portion of our yards are unusable. My neighbor had her son brint in 3 large dumptrucks full of dirt resulting in her having a yard of mud. We had 10 yards of screened loom and hoped that we would be able to level some of the lower spots. I had a border of shrubs planted, half of them have since died and now here is January, and while I have snow and ice in my yard, the areas that typically are flooded still have water. What are your thoughts of the association being liable for the damages incurred to my property? I have a copy of the appraisal on my property from when I bought it and it indicates the drainage appears good, we have many pictures of the property prior to the changes... Do we have a case?

**A: I am confused. How is the septic system related to the poor drainage?
What is the cause of the poor drainage? Heavy rain, melting glacier, high water table, leak in a damn, overflowing nearby pond, improper grading, park in the wetlands/swamp area**************....?

goober69

I am not saying that it is a problem with the septic system but simply a problem with possibly the grading of the property. The area that is flooding is where they had dug. They dug up approsimately 20 homes yards and you can visibly see that my neighbor and I now have the lowest points in the neighborhood.

HomeGuru

goober69 said:
I am not saying that it is a problem with the septic system but simply a problem with possibly the grading of the property. The area that is flooding is where they had dug. They dug up approsimately 20 homes yards and you can visibly see that my neighbor and I now have the lowest points in the neighborhood.

**A: oh, so get together with the affected neighbors and send a written demand notice to the HOA. Send one letter and have all neighbors sign it. Send it certified rrr mail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">