• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

condo board

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

leewells

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Me

I am on the board of a condo association . The association has for years been run with a a good old boy mentality .The presidents pretty much do as they wish and boards have little power. Last fall the president another officer and two board members held a meeting and did not notify the other two board members of that meeting or the decision to move some landscaping on common land . What can be done to stop this type of practice .
The association has never amended a bylaw but they do change things /rules at association meetings .Our original bylaws state units can only be rented by the month yet because they agreed years ago to rent weekly that is what is being done is this legal?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Me

I am on the board of a condo association . The association has for years been run with a a good old boy mentality .The presidents pretty much do as they wish and boards have little power. Last fall the president another officer and two board members held a meeting and did not notify the other two board members of that meeting or the decision to move some landscaping on common land . What can be done to stop this type of practice .
The association has never amended a bylaw but they do change things /rules at association meetings .Our original bylaws state units can only be rented by the month yet because they agreed years ago to rent weekly that is what is being done is this legal?
**A: band together with other owners, get a majority and oust the current Board. Hire your own attorney to help as there are legal steps that must be followed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">