• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

condo comandos

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Racing Claire

What is the name of your state? Florida
I recently decided to sell a condo I own. I posted a for sale sign in the window. I then received a letter from the association stating I could not post such a sign as it was against condo rules and demanding a $100.00 Fine. Can they impose such a fine without first notifying me of a violation?What is the name of your state?

ENASNI

Racing Claire said:
I recently decided to sell a condo I own. I posted a for sale sign in the window. I then received a letter from the association stating I could not post such a sign as it was against condo rules and demanding a $100.00 Fine. Can they impose such a fine without first notifying me of a violation?What is the name of your state?

Did you look in your CCR's first to see if such a rule was there? Because if it is, that is your notification.

(By the way, I like the title of your post. Clever. :D )

Racing Claire

Thanks, I tried to find it but the copy I received from the comando office is not legible. it is a photo copy and a very poor one at that. I did initally complain and was informed if i neded a better copy I would have to go to public records where it is kept on micro tape and request a copy?

ENASNI

Racing Claire said:
Thanks, I tried to find it but the copy I received from the comando office is not legible. it is a photo copy and a very poor one at that. I did initally complain and was informed if i neded a better copy I would have to go to public records where it is kept on micro tape and request a copy?

Well, ltets do this we will [URL="http://camodump.com/cpstorefront/ProdImages/90051.jpg"]Dress up like this[/URL] and sneak into their office at ten to midnight tonight. So don't drink to much at the Pub tonight. I want all your wits about you. :D

I would say," I will gladly pay the fine as soon as you give me a legible copy of the CCR's where I broke this Rule. Thank you very much and have a Good St. Patty's day."

(but, methinks it is in there... those commandos are pretty stingy about things like that. Sorry Charlie)

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Racing Claire said:
You should have received a legible copy prior to closing because you would have had to sign that you have read the CC&Rs and agree to abide by them. You could have refused to close otherwise. You're up the creek.

seniorjudge

Racing Claire said:
The covenants and restrictions are recorded in the land deed records at the courthouse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">