• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Condo detached garage with limited access

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rchan

What is the name of your state? CO

Hey everyone, I recently bought a condo last year with a detached garage. However when the homeowners with adjacent garages park outside their garage (which I have been told they have the right to do) I can’t get pull into my garage. I been blow off by both the HOA and the builders but I can’t help but think that when I bought my unit and my detached garage that it is implied that I have access to it whenever I want (regardless of whether my neighbors decided to park outside their garage or what type of vehicle they own). I also felt that this “risk” of not being able to use your garage should have then been disclosed at time of sale, since the normal average consumer would not have believed an issue or risk existed. Because it’s not like the adjacent garages have “drive ways” or marked of areas that dictate this is part of their property.

Does any one know if I have any legal right to make the builders or whoever is liable to give me full access to my garage?

Thanks for any help or insight.

Litigation!

rchan said:
What is the name of your state? CO

Hey everyone, I recently bought a condo last year with a detached garage. However when the homeowners with adjacent garages park outside their garage (which I have been told they have the right to do) I can_t get pull into my garage. I been blow off by both the HOA and the builders but I can_t help but think that when I bought my unit and my detached garage that it is implied that I have access to it whenever I want (regardless of whether my neighbors decided to park outside their garage or what type of vehicle they own). I also felt that this _risk_ of not being able to use your garage should have then been disclosed at time of sale, since the normal average consumer would not have believed an issue or risk existed. Because it_s not like the adjacent garages have _drive ways_ or marked of areas that dictate this is part of their property.

Does any one know if I have any legal right to make the builders or whoever is liable to give me full access to my garage?

Thanks for any help or insight.
My response:

Call the City to have their vehicles towed away. It sounds like the vehicle owners, despite their "right" to park as they are doing, may be blocking access for emergency vehicles; e.g., fire trucks. That, in and of itself, may be good cause for having their vehicles towed.

After a couple of times being towed, paying fines, along with towing and storage fees, your neighbors might learn that it's not too healthy to continue parking as they have.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">