• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Condo Dues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jeannien Jones

What is the name of your state? IL - My brother has had a condo for the last coulpe of years and had not paid his asssesment fees. Because of this he was taken to court. He stated he did pay them as requested. In speaking, with him earlier he was being evicted and things were put out. He says they want him to pay more money. He has gotten the money to do so. Can an association evict you and ask for more money from what they asked for in court and what happens to the condo if taken? What rights does he have?

HomeGuru

Jeannien Jones said:
What is the name of your state? IL - My brother has had a condo for the last coulpe of years and had not paid his asssesment fees. Because of this he was taken to court. He stated he did pay them as requested. In speaking, with him earlier he was being evicted and things were put out. He says they want him to pay more money. He has gotten the money to do so. Can an association evict you and ask for more money from what they asked for in court and what happens to the condo if taken?

**A: yes and I don't know. Ask the HOA.

What rights does he have?
**A: the right to pay as stated in the CC&R's.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">