• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Condo Homeowners Assoc.'s Responsibility

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

holly3

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee

I have a seriously clogged gutter on the front of my condo (2 story townhouse) and in heavy rains it overflows causing water to flow into an air vent to my crawlspace. Since exterior maintenance is responsibility of Condo's HOA, I reported this issue to HOA's property management co. several weeks ago. No response.
I now have to place large garbage cans under the overflowing gutter to try to capture some of the water. In the past 6 wks. I have captured (and emptied out) approximately 275 gallons of rainwater. On the interior, my condo has a damp, musty smell. I assume this is from the water that is getting into the crawlspace. What are my options in getting the HOA to clean out the gutter? All it will take is a handyman with a long ladder and about 10 minutes of time!!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You're willing to risk serious damage to your property over less than $100 worth of maintenance? Really?

Hire that handyman with the long ladder and then submit a claim for reimbursement to the HOA!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">