• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Condo law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kavinger

I replaced the front door to my condo with out obtaining "architectural review committee" approval. Now they say it is in violation of thier standards, even though it is very very simiiar to 2 other exterior doors within the same community which have been approved (these 2 doors are not identical -but similiar) Now they say I must replace it or go to arbitration which I feel will be costly and rigged to get them the result they desire. Any advice for me.
Thanks,

Last edited:

Some Random Guy

Well you have not followed the rules and the odds are stacked against you in arbitration.

I suggest contacting one of the members of the ARC and ask what can be done to fix the situation - something like a token fine for not getting it approved beforehand. That way they will feel good about themselves for enforcing the rules and beating you down and you will not have to replace the door.

HomeGuru

kavinger said:
I replaced the front door to my condo with out obtaining "architectural review committee" approval. Now they say it is in violation of thier standards, even though it is very very simiiar to 2 other exterior doors within the same community which have been approved (these 2 doors are not identical -but similiar) Now they say I must replace it or go to arbitration which I feel will be costly and rigged to get them the result they desire. Any advice for me.
Thanks,

**A: change the door back to the original or one approved by the HOA IN ADVANCE.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">