• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Condo Lawn Problems....Who's responsibile

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Our condo's were built 2 years ago...

The back lawn was fine at first sod was great until about 1 year in when the drainage for the neighbors wasn't right and some repairs were made. then our yard flooded... Literally until a mold developed across the sod.

It took us MONTHS to get the builder to comply and fix the lawn. We contacted him as well as our association president (there were multiple issues that were being addressed)

Finally he sent landscapers to fix all the problems.

They proceeded to throw down a few bags of dirt and then put sod over it.... As soon as it was stepped on once it sunk six inches in all the previousl low spots.... It's worse then before except that sod covers it.

Who's problem is this?

Is it up to us to deal with the landscaper
Should we be dealing with the builder,

Or is it our Condo Associations duty to get this resolved as we are not responsible for anything outside of the condo (She said because it's an original builder issue she doesn't have to follow up on it)

Sorry for all the words, I just wanted you to know who was involved when in case it's pertinent. I'm about to put in a pond and get some ducks.

scott1ct

check your purchase & sale doc

I had a similar issue where they hydroseeded our area and within hours we had downpours which washed away 90% of the seed. The builder quoted his own documentation claiming he was responsible for the install alone and gave no warranty to the results.
Your P&S should have some paragraph about how far the builder will warrantee the landscaping and if not, I'd go after the landscapers and see if they were paid to fix the problem or were told to throw down a few bags of dirt alone. That will tell you who to go after.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">