• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Condo owner's problem with renters

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ruddiger52

The condo next to me is rented and has been disturbing my peace for the past year. What can I do legally?

The condo owner next to me has rented her place. The renter has become the biggest nuisance. EVERY night she makes an extreme amount of noise. Everything from partying to vicious fights with her boyfriend. This all began a year ago. I first approached the renter. She basically denied the noise. When i finally caught her in the act and informed her if she didnt stop i was going to the HOA, she texted me "too bad, do what you have to do". The HOA got involved and has produced no results. Supposedly the owner has been sent fine letters which the owner is fighting. HOA told me to start calling the police. I finally called the police after the renters boyfriend started hammering on my wall during one of these fights. The police seemed annoyed that I called and told me to take it up with HOA! This has been going on for a year now with no resolution. Can I sue??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">