• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Condo President Majority Owner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kwbts124

What is the name of your state? FL

What are the rules for condominium board president? I own a unit in a 39 unit condo complex. The president has voted himself in as president for the second time (he owns 20 units). He is very wealthy and tends to vote in assessments that no one but he can afford to pay. He has also allowed our reconstruction contracts to go way over their deadlines without taking any action against the construction company.
- Is it legal for him to be president?
- What can the rest of the owners do if he continues to ignore missed deadlines in our reconstruction contracts?

Thanks,
kwbts124:confused:

seniorjudge

kwbts124 said:
What is the name of your state? FL

What are the rules for condominium board president? I own a unit in a 39 unit condo complex. The president has voted himself in as president for the second time (he owns 20 units). He is very wealthy and tends to vote in assessments that no one but he can afford to pay. He has also allowed our reconstruction contracts to go way over their deadlines without taking any action against the construction company.
- Is it legal for him to be president?
- What can the rest of the owners do if he continues to ignore missed deadlines in our reconstruction contracts?

Thanks,
kwbts124:confused:
Let's see...you're asking if a guy who has more than half of the units can vote himself in as president.

Hmmm....Let me get back to you in a couple of days.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">