• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Damage caused by repair to sewer line

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adore20

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Virginia
In April, I was notified by my mgmt association that there was a broken sewer pipe under my unit that needed to be repaired immediately. I was initially told that everything would be put back exactly as it was. I then spoke to someone else who balked when I told her that I had laminate floors, and she then told me that she thought it would be something "easy like carpet" and she didn't know if they would pay for that. I spoke to the president of our board who assured me that they would cover the cost of my floor since I was being inconvenienced.

Fastforward to the present and my place is still a wreck. The flooring has not been ordered, the woman from the mgmt association barely returns my calls and when she does she speaks to me as if I'm 2, and the president of the board won't talk to me at all. I know that in the event of fire or casualty I would be responsible for repairing the floor. But they exercised their right of easement in order to maintain this common area (the sewer line). The condo documents do not say I should be liable in this event. Do I have any recourse?

HomeGuru

adore20 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Virginia
In April, I was notified by my mgmt association that there was a broken sewer pipe under my unit that needed to be repaired immediately. I was initially told that everything would be put back exactly as it was. I then spoke to someone else who balked when I told her that I had laminate floors, and she then told me that she thought it would be something "easy like carpet" and she didn't know if they would pay for that. I spoke to the president of our board who assured me that they would cover the cost of my floor since I was being inconvenienced.

Fastforward to the present and my place is still a wreck. The flooring has not been ordered, the woman from the mgmt association barely returns my calls and when she does she speaks to me as if I'm 2, and the president of the board won't talk to me at all. I know that in the event of fire or casualty I would be responsible for repairing the floor. But they exercised their right of easement in order to maintain this common area (the sewer line). The condo documents do not say I should be liable in this event. Do I have any recourse?

**A: yes, you do have recourse. Hire an attorney to start sending demand letters.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">