• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Delinquent accounts disclosure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AdrianII

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? WA
Our property management company is arguing that they are required to disclose which units have delinquent accounts, I think they are not and shouldn't. Which one is right?
No, I'm not one of the delinquent owners.

Thanks,
A.

AdrianII

The property management company is just that, they are not lawyers they get paid a flat fee to manage the property (i.e. collect dues, enforce the CC&R etc). The CC&R say nothing about this besides the right to receive financial statements. I think those statements should include just the generic loss due to the uncollected assessments.

Thanks,
A.

AdrianII

They retain legal counsel only when needed otherwise they would go out of business faster than ... nevermind, I was under the impression that attorneys hang around here, now I see this is not the case.

A.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">