• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Description of property changed by Realtor illegally

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

newright

What is the name of your state? Michigan
Now I have a discrepancy in the description of my property preventing me from selling. The Township says my property 'does not comply'.
In order to legally change my description the Realtor would have needed to apply for a change to the Master Deed with the Association Membership 2/3 approval required before selling the lot to me. The Master Deed change would have also required approval by the local township and Health Department because each lot contains its own well and septic system. I was not aware that the legal description of the lot was not legal when I signed all the forms to purchase the lot, no discount was offered for the lot not containing the amount of square feet indicated in the Condominium Project Master Deed. Now the Deed with the incorrect description has been accepted by the Register of Deeds for Kalamazoo County and yet the Township shows the property description still as listed in the Master Deed. I do not know how to get this fixed or where to go for help. I've hired two lawyers and neither of them even bothered to read the Condominium Act of 1978 but I've paid a lot for nothing and I still have the same problem after messing around with them for the last year. I am running out of time to prosecute under the Statue of Limitations I think so I need to find out how to go about correcting the description soon.
Thank you in advance for any help or direction you can provide to me for resolution of this situation.

HomeGuru

newright said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan
Now I have a discrepancy in the description of my property preventing me from selling. The Township says my property 'does not comply'.
In order to legally change my description the Realtor would have needed to apply for a change to the Master Deed with the Association Membership 2/3 approval required before selling the lot to me. The Master Deed change would have also required approval by the local township and Health Department because each lot contains its own well and septic system. I was not aware that the legal description of the lot was not legal when I signed all the forms to purchase the lot, no discount was offered for the lot not containing the amount of square feet indicated in the Condominium Project Master Deed. Now the Deed with the incorrect description has been accepted by the Register of Deeds for Kalamazoo County and yet the Township shows the property description still as listed in the Master Deed. I do not know how to get this fixed or where to go for help. I've hired two lawyers and neither of them even bothered to read the Condominium Act of 1978 but I've paid a lot for nothing and I still have the same problem after messing around with them for the last year. I am running out of time to prosecute under the Statue of Limitations I think so I need to find out how to go about correcting the description soon.
Thank you in advance for any help or direction you can provide to me for resolution of this situation.
**A: you know you needed an attorney fron the start. You really need one now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">