• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drowning in Fort Washington, MD

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Anxious Buyer

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MARYLAND:

I've been having water leak problems at my bedroom bay window for over a year. During heavy rain water pours in so heavily I have to keep towels on the window sill to catch the water. I've informed the condo association a gazillion times but all they do is send out contractors who do piece-meal work that doesn't resolove the problem. I'm sitting here in the middle of Hurricane Irene with water pouring into my window...This has happened so frequently the window frame is covered dark brown water stains...It's unsightly, embarassing and looks like the window is about to cave in (property built 1994!)

Is there any legal recourse I can take to force the Association to efficiently fix the problem? The water comes into my condo from the outside of the unit, so the Association is responsible for fixing it (I'm responsible for repairs to the inside of my condo)...So far, all I've gotten is repeated excuses, shoddy work, and contractors who come out repeatedly applying the same solution, expecting a different outcome. They're incompetent and don't know how to fix it. I think the Association is also dragging its feet on spending the money to fix the problem...Any help you can provide on the problem would greatly be appreciated. Thank you. (Fort Washington, MD)

nextwife

Is the building perhaps stone or brick? Such leaking can happen if tuckpointing is needed. We had five year old, , high qualityvery energy efficient windows start leaking badly last winter in our 1950's stone house, and it turned out to be due to deteriorated mortar above and near the window. Tuckpointing corrected it. Have they looked into this?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MARYLAND:

I've been having water leak problems at my bedroom bay window for over a year. During heavy rain water pours in so heavily I have to keep towels on the window sill to catch the water. I've informed the condo association a gazillion times but all they do is send out contractors who do piece-meal work that doesn't resolove the problem. I'm sitting here in the middle of Hurricane Irene with water pouring into my window...This has happened so frequently the window frame is covered dark brown water stains...It's unsightly, embarassing and looks like the window is about to cave in (property built 1994!)

Is there any legal recourse I can take to force the Association to efficiently fix the problem? The water comes into my condo from the outside of the unit, so the Association is responsible for fixing it (I'm responsible for repairs to the inside of my condo)...So far, all I've gotten is repeated excuses, shoddy work, and contractors who come out repeatedly applying the same solution, expecting a different outcome. They're incompetent and don't know how to fix it. I think the Association is also dragging its feet on spending the money to fix the problem...Any help you can provide on the problem would greatly be appreciated. Thank you. (Fort Washington, MD)
**A: yes, you can sue the association to first hire a construction expert to investigate the problem and determine a fix. Then hire a contractor to fix the problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">