• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Easement for rooftop cellular phone antenna

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jplinster

What is the name of your state? Missouri

Hello:

About a year ago, I bought a condominium in a newly developed building. Just recently, cellular phone antennas were installed on the roof of our building. It turns out an easement had been written into the condominium documents, permitting this use of the rooftop and assigning all revenue to the development company and not our condominium association (which is just now taking over the management of the building).

I admit that we (and my neighbors) had all agreed to the condominium documents as they were written, not appreciating at the time what the easement meant. In this sense I can understand that we may have no recourse. But is this truly the case? Is there no way our association can capture any value from having these antennas on our building? You can understand our sense that, while we are ultimately at fault for not scrutinizing the documents more closely, this somehow doesn't feel right. Especially since our association is starting out with a piddly amount of money in reserves (also as per condominium documents).

Thanks in advance for your input.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">