• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FL Roof damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FLhurricane

What is the name of your state? FL
Have damage from last year's hurricanes to roof including damage to interior ceilings. Roof has been repaired several times and continues to leak. Received notice via telephone in May from Manager at Mgmt Co that he had signed contract and new roof would be completed in 16 weeks (Sept). Mgr has since left and old manager has re-taken position. End of September, still no roof, received notice from roofing company that they are ready to begin work, but cannot obtain auth from mgmt co. They are stating that they have no knowledge of signed contract since previous mgr is no longer there. Roofers have sent copy of signed proposal to me for back up and are now putting our project on hold until notice from mgmt company. I have left several messages this week with mgmt company, just my name and number with no mention of problem in case they do not want to respond. State of FL, DBPR, Condo division states they do not investigate maintenance issues. Is there any action I can take as an owner?

HomeGuru

FLhurricane said:
What is the name of your state? FL
Have damage from last year's hurricanes to roof including damage to interior ceilings. Roof has been repaired several times and continues to leak. Received notice via telephone in May from Manager at Mgmt Co that he had signed contract and new roof would be completed in 16 weeks (Sept). Mgr has since left and old manager has re-taken position. End of September, still no roof, received notice from roofing company that they are ready to begin work, but cannot obtain auth from mgmt co. They are stating that they have no knowledge of signed contract since previous mgr is no longer there. Roofers have sent copy of signed proposal to me for back up and are now putting our project on hold until notice from mgmt company. I have left several messages this week with mgmt company, just my name and number with no mention of problem in case they do not want to respond. State of FL, DBPR, Condo division states they do not investigate maintenance issues. Is there any action I can take as an owner?
**A: yes there is, you can sue the HOA and mgt. co.

FLhurricane

Roof damage

They have since begun work to the roof. New water spots are appearing on ceilings due to rain on exposed paper. What is HOA responsiblity, common element coverage? Is there a standard or within individual bylaws?

HomeGuru

FLhurricane said:
They have since begun work to the roof. New water spots are appearing on ceilings due to rain on exposed paper. What is HOA responsiblity, common element coverage? Is there a standard or within individual bylaws?
**A: ask the HOA/mgt. co. for the name of the insurance agent. Then have a long talk with that person.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">