• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

florida common roof/roof damage hurricane wilma

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pikengren

What is the name of your state? florida

can my homeowners assciation force me to pay for a new roof when the roof over our unit has no damage, and is only two years old?
our unit is connected to three other units, and the roofs of the other units have to be replaced as they were severely damaged by hurricane wilma.
they want to replace our roof with a cheaper quality roof, when there is nothing wrong with it, and they are saying that because it is a common roof, it all has to be done at once.
But our bank accepted and gave us a mortgage loan with the roof we purchased.
What can we do to avoid throwing our money away, and avoid being forced to pay for a cheaper grade roof that we do not need, or want?

HomeGuru

pikengren said:
What is the name of your state? florida

can my homeowners assciation force me to pay for a new roof when the roof over our unit has no damage, and is only two years old?
our unit is connected to three other units, and the roofs of the other units have to be replaced as they were severely damaged by hurricane wilma.
they want to replace our roof with a cheaper quality roof, when there is nothing wrong with it, and they are saying that because it is a common roof, it all has to be done at once.
But our bank accepted and gave us a mortgage loan with the roof we purchased.
What can we do to avoid throwing our money away, and avoid being forced to pay for a cheaper grade roof that we do not need, or want?
**A: yes, hire an attorney if your want to argue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">